Introduction:

"This blog is not necessarily for lovers of art, it includes a variety of topics and whatever. I'm a painter who likes to know what's really going on in the world today. So you might find anything from Shamrocks to Salmiakki mentioned here on my blog. There will of course be some boring, factual and informational posts, but I'll keep them to a minimum, I promise!

And I might get a bit nostalgic now and then.

So you have been warned!"


- Alan Hogan



Thursday, November 21, 2013

Slogans uncovered

I recently found a site featuring famous brandnames with a few interesting slogans. It gave me a few laughs. Here's a few examples... Just click to enlarge!

Source: Honest Slogans

Source: Honest Slogans

Source: Honest Slogans

Source: Honest Slogans

Source: Honest Slogans

Source: Honest Slogans

Source: Honest Slogans

Source: Honest Slogans

There's plenty more slogans to be found on Honest Slogans . It's mostly brandnames better known to those of you living in the U.S.A. 
However there was one I didn't agree with. It was this slogan for Pepsi. Now unless it's Pepsi Zero, I will always choose Pepsi over Coke. The trouble is that it's not always available. 
And since when has there ever been NO COKE?


Source: Honest Slogans



Here's one I added myself. Bring back the greasy spoon where one could get a proper mug of coffee!!!

Source: Hogan's Blog

Finally while I was looking for something similar on airline company brands I stumbled on a funny joke.

A guy was sitting on a barstool drinking a pint at Heathrow airport, when a really beautiful woman sat down next to him. The guy thought to himself, "Wow, she's so gorgeous, she must be a flight attendant, but which airline does she work for?"

Being a bit of a know-all and hoping to pick her up, he leaned towards her and uttered the Delta Airlines slogan, "Love to fly and it shows?"

She gave him a blank, confused stare, and the guy immediately thought to himself, "Damn, she doesn't work for Delta".

A moment later, another slogan popped into his head. He leaned towards her again, "Something special in the air?"

She gave him the same confused look.

He mentally kicked himself and scratched Singapore Airlines off the list. Next he tried the Thai Airways slogan, "Smooth as silk".

This time the woman turned on him, 

"What the f*** do you want?"

Then the guy smiled, and said, 

"Ah, Ryanair!"



Thanks for reading my blog and please feel free to share it with any of your friends.



Share



You can receive my blogposts direct to your email or facebook profile by pressing the follow button at NetworkedBlogs  and you are welcome to visit my art page on Facebook by clicking the 'Like' button under my signature below.


- Alan 



                     
                                                                      Click here and join our Facebook group!

Please leave your reaction to this blogpost by ticking one of the boxes below. 






No comments:

The Art Garage, Finland

The Art Garage, Finland
Click this banner to visit my website!