Introduction:

"This blog is not necessarily for lovers of art, it includes a variety of topics and whatever. I'm a painter who likes to know what's really going on in the world today. So you might find anything from Shamrocks to Salmiakki mentioned here on my blog. There will of course be some boring, factual and informational posts, but I'll keep them to a minimum, I promise!

And I might get a bit nostalgic now and then.

So you have been warned!"


- Alan Hogan



Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Shamrock Experiment: 20 Days too late!





The Great Finnish Shamrock Experiment:
6 April 2010, - The Survivors!


Well, I finally got around to my final blogpost on my now infamous Shamrock Experiment. It's been 20 days since Saint Patrick's Day, the date I was expecting my little green friends to be ready.

They were badly treated in the beginning by myself not having the correct soil for them to grow in.
But they persevered through thick and thin like proper Irish soldiers. They battled through unsteady and often very cold temperatures. And then there was the presence of my menacing Finnish cat. Some of the shamrocks suffered badly at the paws of my curious feline friend. Call it growing pains, or even casualties of war.
........... They will not be forgotten!




The snow has finally started to melt here now in Finland. Spring is knocking at our door. And we are all looking forward to some warm sunshine and hopefully a great summer. These little shamrocks have brought a little bit of colour to a house surrounded by a lot of snow over the past few days. I hope they keep growing for as long as they can. Here's a few photos of those brave shamrocks who survived the experiment.




And finally a song in honour of those who didn't make it.
Here's 'Danny Boy' from The Leprechaun Brothers!






Bookmark and Share

No comments:

The Art Garage, Finland

The Art Garage, Finland
Click this banner to visit my website!