Introduction:

"This blog is not necessarily for lovers of art, it includes a variety of topics and whatever. I'm a painter who likes to know what's really going on in the world today. So you might find anything from Shamrocks to Salmiakki mentioned here on my blog. There will of course be some boring, factual and informational posts, but I'll keep them to a minimum, I promise!

And I might get a bit nostalgic now and then.

So you have been warned!"


- Alan Hogan



Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Shamrock Experiment: Day ???






The Not-so-great Finnish Shamrock Experiment: Day ???


Well, it's the day before St.Patrick's Day and my attempt to grow some shamrock in time for the green festivities has proven slightly unsuccessful. I feel I must hold up my hands as I feel guilty for not giving them the proper soil to grow in and also for underestimating their growth period. I do feel that the temperature changes have also had a slight effect on the growth rate. I reckon the shamrocks will look better in another few days however.

Nevermind. I'll be posting one or two more photos when the shamrock is fully evident. I've given our Finnish Leprechaun friend 'Matti' the day off today. He wanted to practice some Irish dancing before he starts partying tomorrow. But he did leave me with a clip of his favourite TV star on a visit to Ireland. Apparently this guy is quite popular in Finland. It's Conan O'Brien!







Share


Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That experiment with the Shamrocks is cool and interesting. I guess you had a lot of expectations. I am sure they will fine in a couple of days.
The video is funny too. Now, any green is a good green for St Patrick's Day?

Alan Hogan said...

Thanks Susan.
I hope they grow up to be healthy and strong little shamrocks. I'll have a drink if they do. In fact I'll even name one of them Susan if you like! Susan the Shamrock!
And yes, any shade of green is okay on St.Patrick's Day. A Green,White and Orange combination is okay too. As long as green is the main colour.

Alan

Susan said...

Yes! Name one of them Susan. :) A healthy and strong Shamrock. :D I love it.

-Susan

The Art Garage, Finland

The Art Garage, Finland
Click this banner to visit my website!