Introduction:

"This blog is not necessarily for lovers of art, it includes a variety of topics and whatever. I'm a painter who likes to know what's really going on in the world today. So you might find anything from Shamrocks to Salmiakki mentioned here on my blog. There will of course be some boring, factual and informational posts, but I'll keep them to a minimum, I promise!

And I might get a bit nostalgic now and then.

So you have been warned!"


- Alan Hogan



Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Shamrock Experiment: Day 5






The Great Finnish Shamrock Experiment: Day 5



It's Day 5 in the Big Shamrock house. Things are moving quite slowly. As I said before, it's going to be a few hard days ahead for the shamrock as the weather continues to be on the cold side up here just below the arctic circle. And while I endeavour to keep temperatures comfortable for my little green friends in the box, there is little sign of any melting of the snow outside. Luckily the sun has been shining today, so that's bringing a small bit of hope.



Here's a close-up photograph showing some of the stronger shamrocks who are leading the way for their brothers.

























As per usual, 'Matti' my Finnish leprechaun friend is keeping a close eye on the proceedings and is being very hopeful and optimistic, as a Finn always is.
He agreed to share this photo with me today. It's what he usually looks like before heading out for a Saturday night rendezvous with the ladies.
However he did mention that one or two lady trolls have complimented him on his latest green outfit.
So who knows, maybe a mix & match is on the cards!


Matti tells me that his mother was actually a troll from southern Finland. He remarked that she was one of the nicer looking trolls in the district, and not an ugly Moomin!






Keep watching this terribly exciting blog to see if the
shamrock grows in time for good old
St.Patrick's Day 2010!

Click here to read The Shamrock Experiment: Day 6

No comments:

The Art Garage, Finland

The Art Garage, Finland
Click this banner to visit my website!